New station forecourt and deck parking for Listed north London Underground station
In 2001, London Transport Property Board (LTPB) commissioned Fereday Pollard to examine East Finchley station car park & forecourt for improved vehicle circulation, greater parking capacity and a more pedestrian friendly forecourt arrangement.
On the basis of our improvement proposals, LTPB instructed our planning application for Listed Building Consent.
The station, constructed in 1938 to the designs of Charles Holden, is a Grade 1 Listed structure and required a well considered design to be presented in the Application.
Proposed pedestrian and vehicle circulation incorporated a raised car deck linked to the station by a covered walkway. A bus interchange, developed by fereday pollard with London Buses, accommodated a recycling point, florists cabin and public art site.